The Group's Soul
﴾By time, Indeed, mankind is in loss, Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience﴿.
In this chapter, God Almighty reports for us the loss of each person except those who have four features as mentioned hereunder:
2- Righteous deed
3- Advising the others to truth
4- Advising the others to patience
Actually, what is noticed in these rescuer features is that some of them are related to the relation with God Almighty and the others are related to the group's soul through which he entrust people to right and patience.
This is very clear gesture from God in which He is urging us to quit being secluded, and not to be egoist.
Since the reason of egoist is the self love, Islam stressed that the person's self couldn't be integrated except with the group both in this life and in the hereafter. It is said in God's right dogmas the following: "All the people are dependents to God, and the loveliest people with respect to God, those who are most beneficial to the others". For this, we notice in the biography of the family of the prophet (peace be upon him and his household) that they present the topic of serving the believers before some of the worships, even Imam Zein al-Abeddine (A.S.) when he used to go to perform pilgrimage, he used to disguise himself so that he can serve the people, because if he didn't make so, people wouldn't let him serve them. Besides, Imam Zein Al-Abeddine had taught us how to behave when we are members of a group; he says that we shouldn't just look at our selves, but we should take care of the other's rights and behave in a polite way. For example, while riding his mule, Imam (A.S) didn't use to ask the others to step aside so that he can pass, and once one asked him about that and his answer was: "the street is not my own, so its not my right to ask others to step away so that I can pass".
The love of God Almighty to the believers to have group soul appears in various Islamic legislations such as:
- In the Prayer: while praying in a group, the reward of the prayer will be multiplied too much, and if the number of persons exceeded the ten ones, no one knows the number of its rewards except God.
- In the Supplication: While you are supplicating, God Almighty like to be a group, and it was mentioned in some hadith that if forty persons supplicates the same supplication, God for sure will respond to them, since He will be shy not to respond it for them.
- In the Financial Rights which God ordered, the commander of the Faithful said: "God ordered the rich ones to help the poor ones".
- In the Social relationships which God ordered: the social relations lessen the agony of death and let it be your rescue from many bad things. With respect to the Commander of the Faithful, making good relations with people and visiting them benefit in the intercession in the day of resurrection; concerning this, the following hadith was mentioned: "Make good relations with people, and increase your brothers, for each believer will be your intercessor on the day of resurrection".
- In Caring in the Muslim's Issues: The Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) said concerning this: "He who doesn't care for the Muslim's issue, is not considered a Muslim". He adds to say: "The relation between the Muslims and their relation with their relative is the same as the body, in which if this body suffered from one of his organs, then all the other organs will be tottered and sick".
- In struggling: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his household) said: "God Almighty didn't ask us to be monks except for struggle".
The loveliest thing to God is struggling for the sake of God and this is mentioned in the verse as follows: ﴾Indeed, Allah loves those who fight in His cause in a row as though they are a [single] structure joined firmly﴿.
Eventually, all praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.