1) The Prophet (peace be upon him and his household) said: I am like a man who kindled a fire and when it lit up the place, the moths and the creeping insects began to fall into it. He tried to prevent them but they got the better of him and rushed into it. You and I are like that. I am seizing your girdles to pull you away from Hell-fire: "Come away from the Fire! Come away from the Fire".
2) All children of Adam are sinners, but the best among the sinners are those who constantly repent.
3) If someone wants to know what position he enjoys in the eyes of God, he has only to look at what place he gives to God (in his heart and life).
4) A Muslim is a Muslim's brother; he does not wrong him, nor desert him, nor look down upon him. Remember piety lies here! (and he pointed his fingers to his heart three times.) To belittle one's Muslim brothers (in thoughts or treatment) is enough of evil for a person to do.
5) Three characteristics are the signs of a hypocrite, even if he fasts, performs the Prayers and claims that he is a Muslim: when he speaks, he lies; when he makes a promise, he breaks it; and when he is trusted, he betrays his trust.
6) God has laid down certain duties, so do not neglect them; He has set certain boundaries, so do not overstep them; He has prohibited certain things, so do not violate them; about the rest of the things He has kept silent - out of compassion for you, not because He has forgotten (or made a mistake) - so leave them alone and refrain from questioning about them.
7) That Muslim is guilty of the most serious offence who enquires about something which is not forbidden for men, but is declared forbidden because of his questioning.
8) Do not belittle even the smallest act of kindness, even if it were no more than meeting your brother with a smiling and cheerful face.
9) Whatever hardship, pain, anxiety, grief, injury or sorrow afflicts a Muslim - even if it be as little as the pricks of a thorn - God makes it an atonement for his sins.
10) Backbiting means something that will offend your brother. Someone asked: 'But what if what I say about him is true?" He (peace be upon him and his household) replied: If that which you say about him is true, you have backbited him; but if it is not true, then you have slandered him as well.