1) After seeing the first night moon the Holy Prophet (s.a.) used to recite the following:
O my Allah pour out much blessings for us in Rajab and Shaban, make us reach safely Ramadan, and take up abstinence and uprightness (fasting and prayers), careful in our speech, turning the eyes from ugliness (the unlawful); and do not let us hunger for food and thirst for water while we observe fast
O` Allah ! make the new moon appear, for us with security. Eeman, safety and Islam. (O`moon) my Lord and Your Lord is Allah the Mighty and Grand.
O` Allah! Send Your Blessings on Mohammad and his Progeny, Ameen.
2) Night of 1st Rajab Recite 20 unit prayer on the night of 1st Rajab after Maghrib prayer such that in every unit after Surah al- Hamd recite Surah Tawheed once. The reciter & his family will be saved from punishment in the grave & will cross Pul-e-siraat like lightening without any accounting.
3) Recite Ziarat Imam Hussain (as)
4) Perform Ghusl & Recite this special dua for 1st Rajab day
5) Recite 10 Rakat Salaat on the 1st of Rajab such that in every unit after Surah al Hamd, recite Surah Tawheed 3 times. A person who prays this Salaat will be saved from the squeeze of the grave.
it is recommended to raise the hands up and recite the following after completing the Salaat:
There is no god save Allah, alone without any partner.
To him is the kingdom and to Him is all praise.
He gives life and causes to die
while He is Ever-living and never dies.
In His hand is the good
and He has power over all things.
The following invocation should be said thereafter:
O Allah: verily, none can ever divest him whom You decide to give;
and none can ever give him whom You decide to deprive,
and nothing can ever stop that which You decide.
6) Recite Salaat of Salman Farsi
7) Sayyid Ibn Tawus has also mentioned, in his book of ‘Iqbal al-A`mal’, another 4 units prayer that is offered on the first of Rajab. This prayer is as follows:
four uninterrupted units—that is you do not stop after offering the first two units; ie same as you do in the obligatory four-unit prayer
At the first unit of this prayer, you may recite the Surah of al-Fatiah once, and then repeat the Surah of al-Tawhid ten times.
At the second unit, you may recite the Surah of al-Fatiah once, repeat the Surah of al-Tawhid ten times, and then repeat the Surah of al-Kafirun (No. 109) three times.
At the third unit, you may recite the Surah of al-Fatiah once, repeat the Surah of al-Tawhid ten times, and then repeat the Surah of al-Takthur (No. 102) one time.
At the fourth unit, you may recite the Surah of al-Fatihah one time, repeat the Surah of al-Tawhid twenty-five times, and then repeat the Ayat al-Kursiy (2:255) three times.
8) A Haidth says “The person who performs a two units prayer in the first night of the month of Rajab after his isha: In the first unit recites Surah al-Fatiha and Surah Inshirah and Surah al-Ikhlas three times and then in the second unit recites Surah al-Hamd and Surah al-Inshirah, Surah al-Ikhlas and Surah Al-Falaq and Surah al-Naas one time each and then performs the rest of the Sàalat with the Tashahhud and Salaam and then says thirty times:
There is no god save Allah.
&repeated thirty times:
O Allah, (please do) send blessings to Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad.
..all of his previous sins will be forgiven and he will be just as that person who was born from his mother’s womb with no sins on his record.”
9) Imam Ali ibne Abi Taalib (A.S.) had advised the faithful to recite the following supplications tonight after Ishaa prayers;
O my Allah I beseech Thee in the name of “Verily Thou art absolute sovereign; verily Thou has total control over all things; verily that which Thou wills, in all matters, takes place”. O my Allah I turn to Thee through Thy Prophet Muhammad, who came upon the earth from above with mercy (blessings of Allah be on him and on his children). O Muhammad, O Messenger of Allah, through you I turn to Allah, your Lord and my Lord, to make progress and succeed in my efforts. O my Allah, for the sake of Thy Prophet, Muhammad, and the Imams, from his Ahlul Bayt (blessings of Allah be on him and on them) help me to secure success in my activities.
10. Commence the Regular /Daily rituals for rajab esp. the 2 unit prayer at no 9
11. Prayer for New month