In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
The Greatness of Friday and its Deeds
Among the days of the week, Friday is the master. It is more superior to the other days. It is Imam Mahdi's day (May God hasten his reappearance). On this day, Allah bestows rewards manifold for the good deeds and removes the sins and raises the station and accepts the invocations. Removes the difficulties and misfortunes. Answers the major supplications. The Messenger of Allah said about this day: "Friday is the master of all the days, it is better than Adha day and fitr day. The day of Friday has five attributes: God Almighty created Adam (A.S.), and He revealed him to the ground; in this day, Adam was dead, during the hours of this day, there is an hour in which whatever the person supplicates God for, God will fulfill it for him unless he wasn't supplicating any inviolable thing… and there is no closed angel, sky, ground, winds, mountains, land, and sea except they feel afraid from Friday through which the day of resurrection will comes".
The right of Friday: Imam Al-Sadek (A.S.) says: "Friday has been exalted and conferred many rights, so take care not to waste its sanctity and to fail to perform supplications to God and to be close to Him and quit on doing all the prohibited things".
- Being dedicated to learn the religious laws: It was related to Imam Al-Sadik (A.S.) his saying: "O for a Muslim person who didn't spent one day during the week for studying the rules of his religion".
- Almsgiving: Imam Al-Baker (A.S.) said: "if you want to give alms during the week, postpone it till Friday".
- Clipping the Nails and the Mustache and say while doing that: "In the Name of Allah, and by Allah, and by the Sunnah of Prophet Mohammad and his household peace be upon them".
- Be Perfumed and Wear Neat Clothes.
- Gladden the Family: by bringing food and sweet for them.
- Eating pomegranate before eating any thing: Imam Moussa Bin Jaffar (A.S.) said: "The one who eats on Friday a pomegranate before eating any thing else, his heart will be enlighten for forty days".
Some of its Deeds:
Taking a bath: Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him and his household) said to Imam Ali (A.S.): "O Ali, you should perform the Ghusul in each Friday, even if you were buying water, since there is nothing better than performing ghusul on Friday"; after performing it say: "There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, God bestow peace upon Mohammad and the household of Mohammad, and let me be of the repentant ones, and let me be of the ones who perform ablution…".
Visiting the Dead persons especially the relative ones, Imam Al-Baker (A.S.) said: "Pay visits for the dead persons because they know the ones who visits them, and this let them feel happy".
Supplication: You should supplicate the sayings of the prophet family (peace be upon them) during Friday.
Reciting Al-Kurcy verse till noon.
Say: "O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad" 1000 times; and if you weren't able to recite it for 1000 times, then recite it 100 times, because it was mentioned that reciting "O Allah, bless Muhammad and the family of Muhammad" between noon and afternoon and prayers equates 70 pilgrimage".
Asking God's Forgiveness by saying: "I seek forgiveness of Allah, and I turn (repentant) to Him" for seventy times after praying the afternoon prayer.
Besides, many deeds and prayers and supplications were mentioned for Friday, and you may find them in supplications' books such as "Mafateeh Al-Jinan" and others under the title: "The Friday Deeds".
All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.