In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Title: The Negative Intermingling
In general, the intermingling between the men and the women is a fertile ground which is suitable for committing a lot of behavioral and psychological depravations which can attract the person and then for a moment he will find himself that he had lost the psychological defenses that faces the devilish insinuation, and the constantly urging soul with the evil and it became recruited under cursed devil's authority away from the divine mercy; in reality, such like these mixed fields is from the easy aims which the devil and its soldiers point all what they have from charms and ornaments and illusions perhaps they affect the person, hence he falls in the seduction's trap which the devil expressed it by saying: ﴾He said: Then by The Might, I will surely make them live on evil life, Except Thy servants from among them, the purified ones﴿(Saad:82-83).
From this point, the believer person should know the legitimate limits and morals for the intermingling which prevent the person from falling in the devil's trap and his soldiers, and insure for him the enough protection and inaccessibility in order to live precious in this world and victor in the hereafter.
Some of these limits and morals that we should and must pay attention for are:
1. Adornment and embellishment: Adornment and embellishment are from the things that woman is deprived from bringing it out for the foreign man, and the Prophet (peace be upon him) said in Hadith Al-Manahy which forbid the woman from this: "He forbids the woman to embellish herself for any person other than her husband, and if she did, God has the right to burn her in the hell".
2. Fragrance and perfume: The perfume and the fragrance are also similar to adornment, because of this, the woman is forbidden to get out from her house when she is perfumed, and Imam Al-Baker (A.S.) said: "If the woman was perfumed, it is not permissible for her to get out from her home".
3. Touch and handshake: The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon her) said: "In the day of resurrection, the person who used to handshake a foreign woman, will be handcuffed and then will be thrown to the hell".
4. Submission by saying: or what is meant to speak in a very bad way while speaking, and God forbid this by saying: ﴾…be not soft in (your) speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word﴿(Al-Ahzaab:32), hence the Muslim woman should speak in a sober way away from the ways that causes a listener charm from the men, especially those who are sick.
5. Scrutiny: God says: ﴾Say to the believing men that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts That is purer for them Surely Allah is Aware of what they do * And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts…﴿(Al-Nour:30-31).
And what is meant by casting down while speaking is to: lower the eye while speaking, and lessen the looking, hence casting down means not to stare and scrutinize in the thing.
And it was related to Imam Al-Sadek (A.S.) his saying: "Looking is a dart from the poisoned darts of the devil, and how many looks bequeathed a long sorrow", and he said also: "The look after the look, plants in the heart appetite and it's enough for her owner charm".
6. Joking between men and the foreign women (in the legitimate terminology): joking eliminates the psychological partition and paves the way in front of any expected glide. Abou Baseer said: I was teaching a woman how to read the Holy Koran and I joked with her, so she told Abi Jafar (A.S.) about that, then he asked me: What did you tell the woman? I wrapped my face, he said then: don't speak with her anymore.
ِAll praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.