E-Mail عربي Français Guest Book Search Week's Spotlight Mailing List
The Role of Time in Knowledge Acquisition Supreme Leader's Meeting with Outstanding Youth

News Categories » Shar'ia Questions » Newly asked questions » Minors and Wards » Property and its Legal Control

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Tell a friend Print Page
To Use the Property of an Unconscious Mother

Q: My mother owns a house run by my brother including renting it to others. Several years ago she went into senile dementia and it became impossible to come to an understanding with her or ask for her opinion. Now I want to rent an apartment in her house. What should we do in this regard?

A: If the shar‘i owner of the house is conscious to the level that she can discriminate between good and bad and profit and loss, renting the apartment out is contingent on her approval. But, if she lost even this level of consciousness, she has no control over her properties but it is theauthorized religious authority who has guardianship over her. Therefore, renting out the apartment depends on the permission of the authorized religious authority or the permission of whoever he appoints as a guardian over her and her properties.

3037 View | 26-03-2014 | 09:11


5- The Tawabin Revolution Against the Umayyads (65 A.H.)
8- The Birth Anniversary of Imam Hasan Al-Askari (a.s.) (232 A.H.)
10- The Death of the Infallible Lady, daughter of Imam Al-Kazem (a.s.), Fatima Al-Masoumah (201 A.H.)
14- The Revolution of Al-Mukhtar Ibn Abu Obeida Al-Thaqafi, (66 A.H.)
25- Hiteen Battle (385 A.H.)

Related News
11 Tips for ReadingThe Role of Time in Knowledge AcquisitionSupreme Leader's Meeting with Outstanding YouthSayyed Hassan Nasrallah's Speech on the 10th of MuharramSayyed Hassan Nasrallah's Speech on the Tenth of Muharram
  ::Al-Maaref:: Islamic Organization